Central Otago Rail Trail Ebike Tour-6 Day
NZ’s 1st Great Ride!
Supplied by Cycle Surgery Middlemarch Central Otago for Ebikemtbtoursnz.com
Make it easy – let the professionals at Cycle Surgery do the work so all you need to do is turn up and enjoy the ride.
Whether you are travelling the Otago Central Rail Trail as a couple, as part of a group of friends , with your family or are organizing a corporate group bonding trip, we will design the perfect itinerary to suit your needs and budget.
6 Day Central Otago Rail Trail :
- Shuttle transfers from Queenstown to Clyde
- 5 nights accommodation ( mid-range en-suite accommodation) Clyde, Omakau, Oturehua, Ranfurly and Hyde
- Taieri Gorge Railway tickets
- 4 days bike hire- E-Bike, Uni-Sex Step thru bike or Rail Trail 29ner
- Daily luggage transfers between your accommodation-1 bag per person ( 15 kgs weight limit)
- Shuttle from Middlemarch to Pukerangi
- The Taiera Gorge Train from Pukerangi to Dunedin – One of the top 10 scenic trains trips in the world.
- Detailed Tour Itinerary and Tour information including maps and Rail Trail information.
- Rail Trail Passport
- Rail Trail Easy Guide Book
- Rail Trail DVD
- a range of off-trail activities available along the trail.
6 Day Package Tour with E-Bike $1255 per person
6 Day Package Tour with Uni-Sex Step Thru Bikes $995 per person
About the Otago Central Rail Trail –
NZ’s 1st Great Ride!
The Otago Central Rail Trail can be used all-year-round and enables you to experience the beauty and solitude of this back country that was opened up to development just a little over 100 years ago.
The route chosen for the former rail way was the most difficult and expensive of seven proposed in 1877. This engineering feat can now be experienced by those who catch the Taieri Gorge Railway from Dunedin to Pukerangi or Middlemarch through the spectacular Taieri Gorge, and by cyclists, walkers and horse riders who travel the 150km old rail corridor, the Otago Central Rail Trail, between Middlemarch and Clyde.
You will experience magnificent viaducts and the intricate stonework in bridges and tunnels. These demonstrate not only the extraordinary skills of engineers and stonemasons but the tenacity of the many labourers who often worked in conditions of great hardship, especially in winter.
Connecting four Central Otago plains and valleys, the Rail Trail includes the Strath Taieri and the township of Middlemarch, the Maniototo (with Ranfurly at its centre), Ida Valley and Oturehua, and the Manuherikia area – with Alexandra and Clyde. Dotted along the trail you will also find other townships; each of these has accommodation available.
6 Day Central Otago Rail Trail Ebike Tour